Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pay It Forward 2011!




I am joining Jess from Quilty Habit  and Paul from Outnumbered Quilter in two separate Pay It Forwards. I am combining the ideas of both blogs, so I am going to do this for the first 6 that sign up here. Now, I don't have THAT many followers, so if I don't get enough, then I will be making things for my local charity to Pay It Forward! So, here's how it's going to work. (Copied and pasted from Jess & Paul's blogs...)

(Copied from Jess) 
I need three people that would like a gift from me.
I send each of them a gift sometime in the next year.
In turn, you send three other people gifts.
I don't think this is too hard a task, considering we have a whole year!
No need to be big and fancy, just kind and considerate.

(Copied from Paul)
1.  I will make a little something for the first 3 people who comment on this post. It will be a surprise and it will arrive when you least expect it.

2.  I will have 365 days to do it in. What's the catch? To get a handmade present from me, you have to play too! This means YOU pledge to send a little handmade something for 3 readers of your blog. It doesn't have to be quilty - just handmade.

3.  You must have a blog.

4.  Once you comment here, you must post about your Pay It Forward on your blog to keep the fun going - with the Pay It Forward badge.

I am going to make a slight change for my followers...  The first three to comment will receive something from me regardless of whether or not you have a blog.  If you don't have a blog, agree to make something for 3 charities.  Or 3 things for one charity.  (Project Linus Quilts, Quilts for Kids, Your local homeless shelter, etc.)  In order to adhere to the rules set forth by those who started this, I will make something for 3 bloggers.  So, if the first three are bloggers, then I've met the obligation.  I just don't want any non-blogging followers to feel like they can't participate.  So, will I make 3, 4, 5, or 6 items?  That depends on who responds to this post!

SO... that's 6 items for someone who would like a little handmade something from me! :o) 

No comments: